Monday, July 10, 2006

Fishing Report: January 1, 2006

I wanted to go fishing on New Year's Day and so I did. It really was more a scouting trip and I did some real casting.

I decided to go check out the Credit River.

I started at the mouth, which is J.C. Sadington Park, Marina Park and Port Credit Memorial Park. A big sign said, "August 15 - October 31 No fishing"

I noted that I must learn basic knots and pack only the essential gear.

2:46 p.m.
I decided that Saddington is not fishable.

3:08 p.m.
Mineola Road has perfect access but the Credit River is frozen over.

3:23 p.m.
Memorial Park is under construction, so I cannot scout it out.

4:10 p.m.
I was casting a white wooly bugger but I lost it in snow.

4:15 p.m.
Yellow Yummy is impossible to lose in the snow!

4:30 p.m.
Water is 32.4 F. That's cold!

5:08 p.m.
Ready to Roll!
It was a fun trip but the Credit River is not really suitable for fly fishing unless you wade it at the mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home